We have updated MASC to work with the export utility for Quickbooks from ZED.
The ZED utility simplifies the process of importing files into Quickbooks and fixes the VAT issue associated with the IIF file method.
We still support the IIF file method for older Quickbooks implementations with ZED is the recommended utility for the current version.
For more information on ZED or Quickbooks you can contact Peter D Wall http://www.masterquickbooksireland.com/
- Calls can be logged by Customers or Staff on any device from iPhone to PC
- Emails sent to your service address will automatically create a service call
- Option to print or email the invoice to the customer on site
- Option to record the signature
- Option to have roll-over service dates for customer equipment – service calls will be added automatically
- Searchable Customer listing and the option to see the Service Contract type
- Searchable equipment listing for the customer including warranty expiry dates
- Searchable parts listing with sales prices
- Option to set a fixed price for the call or charge for parts and labour
- Ability to print the invoice on site
- Full ticket history with customer feedback
- Option to tag photos to Calls
- Ability to open product catalogue on the device to check for repair details
- Full knowledge base with option for internal and external access
- Mobile app available for iPhone, Android , Tablets and iPads
iService is based on the industry leading ticket system OSTicket.com. Using OSTicket we have added features and functions needed for services professionals to better serve your customers.
To import transactions into TASBooks:
- From Company Manager, select the company you want to import transactions into then select Company à Import Transactions. The path to the company where the files will be imported is automatically displayed.
- From the drop-down list select the type of CSV file you are importing.
- To select the file you want to import select Browse, locate the file and select it and then click Open. The path to the CSV file appears in the bottom box.
- To begin the import, click Next.
- If there are any problems found with the import file, the errors are displayed on-screen. You should correct the errors indicated and then retry the import. To retry the import, click Retry or to close the Import Assistant to try again at a later time, click Close.
- Enter a supervisor user code and password for this company, and click Next.
- The ready to import window appears. Its vital that you do not continue unless you have already taken a back-up of your data,If you have taken a back-up of your data, to begin importing transaction click Import. When the import is complete, the Transaction Import Assistance confirms the number of transactions successfully imported.If the import fails, you will be advised of the point at which the failure occurred. This may result in only some of the transactions being imported. In this situation, you may choose to restore the back-up you tool before beginning the import and completing the import again, or editing you import file, to ensure only the un-imported transactions are included
Waterford City Enterprise Board is hosting a Network Lunch in the Tower Hotel on Thursday 25th October at 12.30.
Pat Jones from HANDHELD.ie – Software and Hardware for Mobile Workers will present a session that will introduce you to the world of Business Apps.
Business Apps for SME’s
Love them or loathe them apps, smartphones and tablets are the future for computing as sales for these devices exceed laptops and PC’s. As part of our presentation we will cover
- Smartphone and tablets growth and future developments
- Introduction to Apps – defining the difference between web and native apps
- Overview of the wide range of business apps for both web and native devices
- Competitive advantage and planning for your future strategy
This lunchtime event takes place from 12.30pm to 2pm in the Tower Hotel and the only cost is your lunch (soup & Sandwiches, Tea/Coffee € 8.50).
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone Cecilia on 051 852 883
Click here for a copy of the presentation
If you use Sage Line 50 ODBC Connection there is an issue with version 18
You can download a hotfix for this issue from the Sage Web site http://sage.ie/support/accounts-support/downloads.aspx
If you are selling goods at 21% you will need to make the following changes to charge vat at 23% from 1st of January.
Please follow these steps to update your system for Vat at 23%.
This update is intended for customers using Sage. This should be updated after your last sync for the current week. As you will not want to send the new code down until after the 1st January.
Once you start making the changes to products and the price matrix these changes will be loaded to the handheld the next time you sync , so the timing is important as you don’t want these new changes downloaded until the Monday sales cycle.
For Intact Customers please ensure you have run the utility from Intact to update your vat settings
1. Ensure you have a valid nominal code in MASC for vat. This code is used for analysis and is not used to update Sage or any other packages. – Click here for a demonstration
2. Add a new code to MASC for the vat code, please ensure you have the same code available in Sage and have updated the rate. Click here for a demonstration
3. Change the Vat rate on the Products table – Click here for a demonstration
4. Change the vat code in the price matrix – Click here for a demonstration , ensure you select the correct vat rate
5. You will also need to change your vat analysis codes for your EDI, When you have sent your last EDI files for December please change the vat setting. Click System, Program Preferences and select the Vat tab – change the “21 Vat ” code to be the correct vat code.
If you have a large number of products we can connect to your PC and change you vat codes, before you call please have step 1 and 2 completed and advise us what the old code and the new code should be.
If you have priced dockets you will need a handheld upgrade to ensure the vat analysis is correct on a priced docket.
If you have any question please call our office 051 391338
Our latest addition to MASC allows your sales staff to scan your product which are on sale in the store and a list will be displayed of listed products which are not stocked.
You can then use this information to increase your sales to the store or discuss with your area manager.
The data is returned by GPRS to your office and consolidated to allow you to create a regional or nation picture to develop your sales strategy.
There is an issue with the SDO software for Sage Line 50 which causes the Vat figure to be incorrectly calculated on invoices imported through addon software.
While Sage have released a fix for the UK this fix does not download in the service packs for Ireland
We are awaiting an update on this from Sage and will then release the integration when this has been tested